English and Language Arts
High Frequency words: so, would, into, more, write
Grammar Skill: Noun- a person, place, or thing
Verb- the action word in a sentence
PHONICS – Blends
We will be working on the following blends
Reading: Story: Christmas Stories
Story Vocabulary: friend, hold, full, many, good, pull
Daily 5 Read-to-Self Story Structure
We will be continuing with placing numbers in order and comparing greater than >, less than < and equal to = with the numbers
Get a book and have your child find pages that you call out to them. Tell them the number is greater than that page or less than that page when they are on the wrong page. As they get better, you can time them and get them to beat their earlier time.
tens, ones, place Value, digits. 2- digit numbers, value, place value chart
This week we will learn about soil and its uses and properties (size texture color)
Science Vocabulary Words
Particle Size(very small = clay, medium = potting soil, large = sand)
Texture (rough, smooth, sticky)
Color (gray, black, brown, rust, tan, beige)
This week in Social Studies the students will be learning about recycling. reduce, reuse, recycle. How can natural resources help our Earth? discuse with your child
Social Studies Vocabulary Words
Resource-something we can use
Natural Resource-something that we can use that comes from nature
Reuse- we use something again
Reduce- we use less of something
Recycle- we take one thing and make it into something new
- School begins at 7:50. Please make sure your child is here on time. They will be tardy after 7:50. Thank you!
- Breakfast is from 7:30-7:50. Lunch is from 12:05-12:35
- If you bring a treat for your child’s birthday, Please notify the teacher beforehand.
- Your child may bring a nutritious snack for afternoon if you desire.
- Please sign in at the office any time you visit any part of the school. This helps us protect our children.
- Please call the office at 780-2321 ext 600 to let us know if your child will be absent on the day he or she is absent.
- ACE main goal is to focus on tutorials. Homework assistance may occur, but homework may not get completed. Please check your child’s folder daily and help with any homework that is not done. *********
- Any medication needs to be taken by parent to the nurse in the original container or bag. (ex: cough drops)
- Students may not have Chapstick. It needs to be taken to nurse’s office.
Transportation changes MUST BE accompanied with a note from the parent /guardian. Please turn in a note to the teacher first thing in the morning.
All last minute transportation changes need to be called in before 1:00 p.m.
Visitors are asked to park in the designated parking spaces.
Wed 12/6 rehearsal at HS Thur 12/7 Christmas Program @6:30 be there at 6:00 1st grade wears a red shirt/dress and jeans or dark pants. Mon 12/11 Scholl Board Meeting
Fri 12/8 ****LAST DAY OF ACE****** Thur 12/14 Polar Express Day: Wear Pajamas!!!! Fri 12/15 Early Out