English and Language Arts
High Frequency words:
house, after, again, next, after, away
Grammar Skill: Nouns and combining sentences to make sense
PHONICS – gr, pr blends
th sound and –ed ending
Reading: Story: 100 Days of school books
Author’s purpose for writing
We want you to know that our students will be reading more graded work on their own. This may effect their grade. Please encourage your child to try their best and ask for help with words they are unfamiliar with. Thank you for your continued support in helping us teach your child.
Gr Pr Blends
We will work more on place value of digits; hundreds, tens, and ones. These will help show greater than and less than.
Get a book and have your child find pages that you call out to them. Tell them the number is greater than that page or less than that page when they are on the wrong page. As they get better, you can time them and get them to beat their earlier time.
place value vocab: tens, ones, hundreds, place value, digit, value, place value chart
This week we will be observing things in the sky including weather, planes, cloud, etc. We will continue with learning about the moon and craters.
Science Vocabulary Words
Crater-a dent made by a meteor on a planet or moon
Meteor- a rock from space that falls and hits a planet or a moon
Shadow- an area with no light
This week in Social Studies the students will be learning about time. When did the past happen? When is the future? What does it mean to be in the present?
Social Studies Vocabulary Words
Past-what happened before today-back then
Present-what happens today-right now
Future-what will happen after today; tomorrow
History-tells the story of people and places from the past-long ago
- School begins at 7:50. Please make sure your child is here on time. They will be tardy after 7:50. Thank you!
- Breakfast is from 7:30-7:50. Lunch is from 12:05-12:35
- If you bring a treat for your child’s birthday, Please notify the teacher beforehand.
- Your child may bring a nutritious snack for afternoon if you desire.
- Please sign in at the office any time you visit any part of the school. This helps us protect our children.
- Please call the office at 780-2321 ext 600 to let us know if your child will be absent on the day he or she is absent.
- ACE main goal is to focus on tutorials. Homework assistance may occur, but homework may not get completed. Please check your child’s folder daily and help with any homework that is not done. *********
- Any medication needs to be taken by parent to the nurse in the original container or bag. (ex: cough drops)
- Students may not have Chapstick. It needs to be taken to nurse’s office.
Transportation changes MUST BE accompanied with a note from the parent /guardian. Please turn in a note to the teacher first thing in the morning.
All last minute transportation changes need to be called in before 1:00 p.m.
Visitors are asked to park in the designated parking spaces.
Wed 1/31 100 Days Project Due Fri 2/2 100th Day of School! Dress like you are 100 years old!!!
Wed 2/7 Counselor Appreciation Fri 2/9 Fall Fundraiser Movie Trip (for those who sold enough to win this)
Sat 2/17 KCISD Campus Dedication